WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE AND CONFIDENTIALITY POLICY
This website was created to provide information and services to its visitors / users. Its use is governed by the present terms and conditions, which visitors / users are requested to read carefully and comply with. Τhe use of this website and of any information contained therein implies unconditional acceptance of the present terms and conditions. In the event of a user / visitor disagreeing with any of the terms and conditions, the user / visitor must stop using and avoid browsing the website.
These terms and conditions are likely to be modified or deleted in the future without notice. However, the updated terms and conditions of use will always be stated in this page. It is, therefore, recommended that the content of the terms and conditions be reviewed frequently, as the use of the website implies acceptance of any modifications.
This website is used per se without the possibility of modifications or other interventions by non-certified visitors.
The Hellenic Society for Intraocular Implant and Refractive Surgery (HSIOIRS), as “the data controller” informs the users / visitors of the “www.hsioirs.org” website (hereafter referred to as “the data subjects”) that it:
- Collects and processes their personal data in accordance with these terms and conditions and in accordance with the in force national and European legislation on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of their personal data.
- The personal data that are collected include:
- the names and surnames
- the phone numbers
- the e-mail addresses
- the postal addresses
- The personal data are collected directly from the data subjects only when the latter provide them through the website’s communication form, the membership application forms and the registration forms for the Society’s events.
- The HSIOIRS processes the personal data of the data subjects, members or non-members of the Society, which are necessary in order to communicate with them and to provide its services in the best possible way, as well as to inform them about the activities of the Society, the organization of scientific conferences, clinical courses, laboratories, the publication of scientific journals and generally the dissemination of knowledge about its subject. If it is necessary to process personal data for purposes not related to the above, the data subjects will be notified so that the legal basis for such processing can be explained to them.
- Sending updates and newsletters to data subjects non-members of the HSIOIRS will only be done if they have given their consent. Instead, sending updates to the data subjects members of the HSIOIRS will be done automatically upon completion of the membership application form. Data subjects may oppose at any time to the receipt of further updates and newsletters.
- The Society will not sell or otherwise disclose or publish the personal data of the data subjects to third parties not related to the Society without their consent, with the exception of the application of relevant legal demands and to the legal authorities.
- Personal data collected through the forms are stored in the Society’s email system and processed only by its members. All personal data shall be retained until the completion of the purpose for which they are processed or until the erasure of the data is requested.
- The data subjects may exercise the right to request access, rectification, erasure (‘right to be forgotten) of their data and the right to withdraw their consent. These rights shall be exercised either in person at the Society’s offices (42, Poseidonos Ave, P. Faliro) or by sending an e-mail to “email@example.com”, from their e-mail address, along with a copy of an official document certifying their identity. Upon the exercise of the above-mentioned rights, the Society will take all possible measures to satisfy the requests and will provide information to the data subjects about the actions taken or about the reasons for not taking actions.
This site may use session cookies to identify the visitor / user. Session cookies are small pieces of data stored in the visitor’s / user’s computer memory; they do not identify any document or file from the visitor’s / user’s computer and are only used to facilitate the visitor’s / user’s access to specific services and (sometimes) for statistical purposes, in order to determine the areas in which the services of this site are useful or popular or for marketing purposes. The visitor / user can configure his / her browser so that he / she does not receive session cookies, either as a whole or on a case-by-case basis. In such a case, the visitor / user will not be able to access these services further.
Links to third party websites
It is hereby expressly agreed that any disputes arising out of the application of these terms and conditions and in general of the use of this website, if not resolved amicably, shall be governed by Greek law and shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts of Athens.